To all the inspiring bakers and pastry chefs out there, here's a fun and easy sugar cookie recipe to make with your little ones. I've personally used this recipe plenty of times for friends, birthdays and holiday gifts. I always get positive feedback! This recipe should make about 36 cookies.
- 2 sticks soften butter
- 1 1/2 cups of granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 1/4 cups of all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Sprinkles to decorate (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line cookie trays with parchment paper or a nonstick baking mat.
- Cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add egg and mix until well combined.
- Stir in flour, baking powder, and salt until well combined. Stir in vanilla.
- Scoop the cookie dough by the tablespoon full and roll them into a ball.
- Place cookie dough onto cookie sheet, spacing about 2 inches apart. Lightly press each cookie down. Add your sprinkles of choice. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly golden.